Biodiversity Assignment Help - Paper Writing
- The article talks about the linkages among biodiversity conservation, livelihood improvement, and tourism development. Can tourism help alleviate poverty and conserve biodiversity? Explain how?
- Among the three areas based on the level tourism development, which area exhibits the highest level of linkages?
- What are the five themes of linkages explained in the article? Explain.
- What is a buffer zone?
- What are the major economic benefits locals received from tourism in the study areas?
Linkages: Nyaupane & Poudel1. The article talks about the linkages among biodiversity conservation, livelihood
improvement, and tourism development. Can tourism help alleviate poverty and conserve
biodiversity? Explain how?
Tourism can help in the alleviation of poverty by helping the poor to get benefitted by the
ever-increasing job and business opportunities due to the higher number of tourists. The
poor can get employment, or they can start their own enterprises or receive funds from
the tourists who are dedicated to some specific work. Tourism helps to provide a
readymade market for local goods and services, and this can be maximized by reduce the
leakages. Tourism is important in empowering local communities and can help in the
improvement of livelihoods.
Biodiversity can be conserved because of tourism because every species of plant and
animal can be saved for the sake of tourists. Tourism will prompt the biodiversity field to
take strict measures to protect the flora and fauna and maintain biodiversity.
2. Among the three areas based on the level tourism development, which area
exhibits the highest level of linkages?
The three areas based on the level of tourism development are highly developed,
moderately developed and under developed areas. The highly developed area
exhibits the highest level of linkages because all the five themes of linkages are
strong for the highly developed area. It is empowered because of its development, it
has capacity of building because of the monetary resources, it has economic benefits
and there are better chances of amenities development in this area.
3. What are the five themes of linkages explained in the article? Explain.
The five themes of linkages presented in the article are empowerment, capacity building,
economic benefits, biodiversity conservation and environmental services and amenities
development. Empowerment means the access to conservation education programs,
access to information, access to forests and traditional places. Empowerment can help in
planning and decision making process. Capacity building is about the opportunities to
participate in skill development training and income generating activities and also for the
availability of loans.