Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Following the steps and answer the questions below. Submit your answers via the Canvas
Step 1: Take a moment to reflect on the different ways that we have learned to promote health
and prevent disease over the past semester (i.e. nutrition, exercise, etc.) and select the way to
promote health and prevent disease that is the most interesting to you.
Step 2: Using chapter 11 as your guide, identify a health promotion association that supports
your chosen area. Go to this associations website and become familiar with the organization.
1) What health promotion and disease prevention organization did you choose?
2) What is the mission of this organization?
3) Identify at least three (3) ways that this organization works to promote health and
prevent disease? Give specific examples and talk about how these examples promote health
and prevent disease. (For example, the AHA provides research funding in order to find
new ways to prevent diseases through evidence-based science.)
Step 3: Identify a scientific journal in your chosen field that you could read in order to stay up-
to-date on new information in your chosen field of health promotion and disease prevention. Go
to the journals website in order to answer the following questions.
4) What journal did you choose?
5) What types of articles does the journal publish? (For example, original research,
editorials, etc.) Identify at least three (3) types of articles that this journal publishes.