1. Self-Assessment Instrument: Students will develop a personal instrument to assess interpersonal relationship/communication skills. In SOWK 480, students will modify the instrument with content focused on practice skills. Guidelines for this assignment will be distributed in class.
This assignment is based on a social work evidence-based research article you have chosen in an area of interest. The article you choose for this assignment MUST report empirical research AND be published after April 2015.
While conceptual pieces and literature reviews are certainly useful to your understanding of your area, these types of publications may NOT be used as the basis for this assignment. Similarly, articles presenting instrument reliability and/or validity studies are likewise inappropriate.
This assignment must address the following questions:
1. Identify the purpose of this research study [exploratory, descriptive, explanatory, or some combination.
2. Identify the study’s hypothesis (es) and/or research question(s).
3. List the major variables involved in the study (i.e., independent variables, dependant variables, and control variables). For each, identify the conceptual definition. [NOTE: Indicate whether these were presented in the article.]
4. For each of the variables listed in #3, identify the operational definitions and the how it being measured in the study. Specifically, for standardized measurement instruments, identify any reliability and validity information provided.
5. Describe the sample, sample size, and sampling method used (i.e., probability vs. nonprobability, stating the specific technique). State the population to whom the results may be generalized. Identify any stated limitations of the sample or sample size.
6. Describe the research design (i.e., experimental, quasi-experimental, single subject. Survey, etc. Identify any stated limitations of the research design.
7. Identify the statistical analyses conducted. Discuss any stated limitations of the statistical analyses that were presented.
8. State the procedures used to ensure that the study was sensitive to diversity of race/ethnicity, gender, class, and sexual orientation.
9. Summarize the findings and conclusions of the study.
10. Describe your overall reaction to the research study (i.e., how did it contribute to or fail to contribute to your understanding of your area of interest). Give two suggestions for making the study “better”.
NOTE: You must turn in a copy of the article with your assignment.
For US and UK students, need help on this assignment upload it through our website www.mytutorstore.com or send through email at email@example.com