Assignment Help for Statistics - Statistics Homework Help
For US students, need help on this assignment upload it through our website www.mytutorstore.com or send through email at email@example.com
Question 1:The U.S. annual average unemployment rate is an important economic indicator. Data (in percent) on the unemployment rate between 1948 and 2015 are provided separately (source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Make a timeplot of the annual average unemployment rate.
Describe the pattern of the series over time. By digging a little bit in the recent history of the U.S., try to explain the unusually highs and lows of the unemployment rate.
Question 2: How do cigarette excise taxes per 20-pack (in dollars) vary from state to state? The data file of the 2015 cigarette taxes for the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories is provided separately.
- Make a histogram of the data
- Find the five-number summary, the mean, and the standard deviation of the 201 cigarette for the 56 regions. Present your results in a table
mean sd0% 25% 50% 75% 100% n
1.700071 1.007327 0.17 0.8625 1.63 2.2975 4.35 56
- Use the output to write a report on the 2015 cigarette taxes for the 56 regions. Be sure to describe the overall pattern of the distribution (use the summary stats!). Identify the outlying states (remember, no more guessing now—we have the boxplot). Say something about cigarette taxes in your native state (adopt a state if needed).
- Are there regions of the country where cigarette taxes are higher or lower? Refer to the data set and, if you need to, to a map of the United States (google for one) to answer this question.
Question 3:We aim to compare the relative brain weights (brain weight divided by body weight) of species of mammal whose average litter size is small (less than 2) with those whose average litter size is large (greater or equal to 2).
- Make side-by-side histograms and side-by-side boxplots and obtain the summary statistics for the two groups. Present the numerical summaries in a table.
- Side-by-side Boxplot:
mean sd 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% data:n
LARGE 10.968444 9.836924 0.94 3.39 7.97 18.610 36.35 45
SMALL 6.885882 5.460298 0.42 2.61 5.00 10.445 20.00 51
- Use the graphical and numerical summaries to write a brief report comparing the brain sizes of the two groups. Is there evidence that the brain sizes tend to be different for the two groups?