Steps for Publishing Article
The first step before thinking of publishing articles is to read authentic articles.
- Read, read and read and when you are sure that you have done enough reading, start writing the shortest and cutest articles and give them to your friends, family and professors to read.
- Take their reviews; edit your short articles and think of publishing these articles in your college or university magazine or weekly or monthly newspapers.
- This first step completed successfully, wait for the results and reviews from the readers of these magazine or newspapers.
- Based on the critical reviews, start changing your writing style and again try to publish short articles and again wait for reviews.
- Any kind of positive or negative comment has to be taken seriously because if you are serious about publishing articles and if you are serious of writing excellent articles then you should take all the comments seriously.
The first step is like a small leap in the writing world, and now you are ready for the next step.
- Start prescribing for journals and magazines relevant to your field.
- Read the articles in the journals and magazines and understand the writing style being used.
- Start making simple notes regarding the introduction, content, supportive material and conclusions drawn.
- Make a note of the journals where you would like to send your own articles for publishing.
- Select at least five journals from your relevant field.
- Decide a topic for your article.
- Read the material on that particular topic in your magazines.
- Read, read and read and make notes- this will help when you write your own articles.
- Start writing short articles on the topic you have chosen.
- The next step is to give these articles for review, and do not hesitate to take help from your friends and relatives, and your tutors to find about the errors.
- Learn from your errors, make changes in the articles.
- Use supportive material from different reliable sites, and definitely cite the sources used.
- Use plagiarism check sites, grammar correcting sites, professional editing sites to check and re-check your article.
- Once you are fully satisfied with all the reviews, send the article to the publishing houses of the five journals you have previously selected.
- The tough time starts- be prepared for failures.
- Keep sending the articles, read their reviews, make changes, re-send the articles till you are successful.
- Last- become your own critic and learn from your errors.
- A successful writer will never be satisfied.