Thesis Assignment Help - Young Adult Littrature
Professors email to us:
Upload your question and thesis statement paragraph here. Indicate the question you are exploring/wondering about at the top of the page, and underneath include the (working) thesis that attempts to answer that question. Finally, include a paragraph or so that discusses the approach your paper/project will take (at least as it stands now).
YA Lit- Question Ideas
1. How do we understand the world through metaphor in young adult literature?
2. What are the main elements that distinguish young adult literature from other categories of
3. I think I want to lean more towards the characters in young adult literature, and how they’re
developed, or I want to look at dystopias and post-apocalyptic settings and compare the two.
4. How does YA literature present gender roles and what is this saying about our society?
5. Family/relationships in young adult lit.
6. How does Young Adult Literature affect the mindset of girls, particularly young and
7. While my whole question isn’t developed, I do know that I want to focus on one theme/topic
that seems to pop up in all types of literature, including young adult literature: love.
8. I wonder if YA Lit. itself is being used as means of brainwashing young adults and ingraining
specific ideas in their thinking?
Question: As an adolescent, I believe I am perfectly capable of engaging with dark material on both intellectual and emotional levels. Elaborate.
Working thesis: Adolescence is a period when teens are developmentally hungry for stimulating material and emotionally craving for the cathartic experience that darker fare offers to them.