Tips for Writing Research Paper
Writing one’s own assignment is a tedious task sometimes because of the time constraints and the necessary research work required to complete the assignments. The other problem faced by many writers is writer’s block. The best way to write an assignment is to first prepare yourselves with certain basic points. You may find many online sites advertising the steps involved in writing assignments and research papers, but most of these steps may not be practical.
- Here are a few steps that can help to write a clear research paper without any blocks and hurdles:
- The first important thing is read articles relevant to your research topic so that you can understand the research topic and also make a note of the intricate details.
- Make a list of the sources from where you can use the information in case you have to cite. The second step would be brainstorming.
- If you have a fixed structure of the research paper, your task becomes easier.
- If you do not have a structure, create one of your own using the brainstorming process. Then start filling in the details and answering the why’s and how’s related to the sub-headings in your structure.
- Once you have completed brainstorming, start working on an outline. You can refer to any standard format of outlining and use the same to give a skeleton to your essay.
- Now, check the requirements of your research paper or your assignment once again and according to the requirements start developing the outline.
- Particular stress has to be given on the introduction paragraph because the opening line and the thesis statement are similar to the foundational stones of the paper.
- If the readers find the opening line interesting and the thesis statement clear and precise, they will be more interested to go through the research paper.
- A well-developed introduction reflects the qualities of the research paper and also acts as a guide for the writer and as well as the reader of the research paper.
- Developing the paragraphs should be done with great care with proper transitions and topic sentences.
- There should be a flow between the paragraphs, and they should all be linked to form a chain that clearly develops the topic and thesis statement.
- The facts and statistics should be cited appropriately using reliable sources.
- The conclusion should restate the thesis and summarize the main points and the reference page should be developed according to the requirements of the research paper.