Assignment VII DInstructions
See the general assignment instructions for information about the quality and quantity expectations and evaluation criteria.
- SPC & statistics. You can collect and use your own data instead of the data sets provided by the instructor for the unit VII assignments. Note that there are 4 assignments based on unit VII but only one quiz.
VII D. Design a full-factorial experiment. Use one response and at least 2 factors, each factor with at least 2 levels.
- Describe the response and factor variables (e.g., what type of data are they, what are their levels or value ranges).
- What is the unit of observation?
- Describe the population, the sampling technique (how will you ensure random selection of units), and the sample and cell (treatment combinations) sizes.
- Will you have replications or repetitions?
- Are there any blocking factors?
- Graphically show the design and explain it (similar to pages VII 81-86).
- How will you ensure random assignment of units to the treatment groups?
- How will you ensure random order of experimental runs?
- What are the environmental or noise factors?