Writing Services - History Assignment Help
First question with one paragraph and rest with short answers with 2/3 sentences.
1. Go to http://www. slavevoyages.org and , on the top toolbar, click on “Assessing the Slave Trade.” Under “Essays,” read David Eltis, Introduction to “A Brief Overview of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.” ( one paragraph)
2. Click on “Estimates,” and explore the Tables, Timeline, and Maps. What patterns do you see? (Remember time, place, and change over time).
3. Go back to the tool bar, and click on “Resources.” Peruse the Images and African Names Databases. What do these resources make you wonder?
4. Given your newly-found knowledge of the Atlantic slave trade, what do you consider to have been the most important contexts in its development and demise?
5. Come up with at least three analytical questions about the Atlantic slave trade that begin with the word “why.” (Again, remember time, place, and change over time).
HISTORY PAPER ASSIGNMENT
1. In the overview section of his essay on slave trade, David Eltis traces the origins of what he calls as the biggest long-distance coerced movement of people in history. Eltis examines the revival of slavery in the age of European expansion and the specifically racial character of the migration. Slaves and slavery were the coordinating element of the process of integration of the histories of the Americas, Europe, and Africa. Four out of every five people that were brought to America for re-peopling of the Americas after the Amerindian population’s wipeout.